Reflection on Madeleine's Muse!

April 15, 2018 
 
On today's, and unfortunately, last episode of Madeline's muse, I will be reflecting over my project. 

Even though I provided a very lengthy reflection in my CCR, (VERY LONG, to be exact six minutes and 30 seconds) there were so many things I didn't discuss in regards to making my magazine. 

This past week had to of been the most hectic week yet. Even though I had many ideas as to how I was going to construct my table of contents and my two page spread, having a Leah and an idea isn't the same as to when you actually put it to the test. Beginning to create my table of contents was actually a mission, I realized the pictures I had taken weren't suitable for my table of contents and actually made my magazine look bland (which was the last thing I wanted). So I had to go to plan two and ask people around me who I knew would be willing to lend me fit pictures they have of themselves! That's when I want to head and texted my friend Cassidy Swanson, she is an incredibly fit girl who also has her own fitness account; she was more than willing to help, she sure saved me! 

After that whole shenanigan happened, I had to change my whole layout. I ended up developing a similar color scheme throughout my whole magazine which was a contrast between navy blue and white; all of this due to my cover image. After, I had to figure out how to include these colors in my table of contents and two page spread without it looking too bland (because I would really only be using the colors navy blue and white. I have to admit, I most definitely went through a creative block, especially when I noticed I couldn't just keep using a white background and just navy blue letters as text, that's boring! That's when I realized I had to do one page of my two page spread with a navy blue background and use white letters. Now… The color scheme wasny my only problem, I didn't know how to include all the images I thought were necessary plus include the necessary text in order to explain those pictures and talk about the article itself. I had to play around with Canva and become more familiar with the image sizes and the text placements and then I was able to come up with an even more creative layout that depicted and discussed both concepts, workouts at home and workouts at the gym. That's when everything started falling together. My creativity begun flowing rapidly and I was soon able to finish my magazine. 

After long hours and days of hard work, and yes I mean days, everything was finally put together perfectly. Answering the CCR questions were relatively easy especially when I worked on my magazine so hard. They were also all topics our teacher had gone over in the beginning of the year, so I was familiar with most terms! 

This is most definitely an amazing experience and one that will be of use to me for my future, it's been a pleasure,

Madeleine's Muse. 

Comments

Popular Posts